Thursday, April 23, 2009

NW Companion Animal Fair

This past weekend I attended my first show as a vendor. I teamed with PetUtopia, the local Portland shop that handles my totes, by sharing a booth. It was a lot more work than I expected. Standing and selling for 2 straight days on cement flooring and talking can be very tiring!! But Annie was great! I now call her my "marketing manager" as she attracted quite a bit of attention in her little red "I'm Deaf" saddle coat. It gave me a chance to do quite a bit of education on lethal white Aussies and on living with a deaf dog in general. It was also great to see a group of hearing impaired individuals trying to talk to her in signs. Whoops! I've never taught Annie ASL, just a few of my own made-up signs. I was a bit embarrassed. I sold 10 totes for Amazing Aussies of Arizona. Now, back to the designing and sewing for my next show......

Annie looks lovely in her new saddle coat:


The morning before the show opened, with all my totes on display:

Material promoting Amazing Aussies:

I'm beat...time for a nap!!!!

2 comments:

Elizabeth Fedorko said...

I hope you sold LOTS and LOTS, my friend!~~~XXOO, Beth

Unknown said...

Found these rare coins that will be worth loads in the future..

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230460990563&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT